Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Letter From The Man

LETTER FROM AFGANISTAN..America’s Warriors and Heroes


Dear readers,
I’ve been here in Afghanistan for almost a month now, and I wanted to use this avenue to reflect on some thoughts that I have had. This is my first trip to the warzone as it is called, and it is has been quite an experience for yours truly so far. Working long hours, very little time off, cramped living conditions, and above all not being able to spend time with my family are the norm for me and my fellow Airmen now. The average person would probably go crazy after I while, but everyday I see dedicated professionals going on about their business. Everyone here with my unit is excited to be here because we have a very important mission..to protect the guys and girls with boots on the ground. We all take it very seriously and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Every day I see young men and women, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, sons and daughters…all out here to do our job no matter what military branch you belong to. We all fight for the Red, White, and Blue, but out here it is more than that. We fight for each other. I see young Army soldiers, Marines, Navy personnel, and Airman everyday that I know will soon be in harm’s way, and it brings everything into the real perspective. As you go about your daily routine, please take some time to think about these men and women. Remember that they have made a choice to put themselves into the line of fire to defend our nation and preserve the freedoms that so many take for granted. They sacrifice much so that most people don’t have to. Continue to pray for the safe return of all of our military men and women….in my eyes they are all true warriors and heroes.

The Man