Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 15, 2010

Dependent on Technology

I woke up Sunday morning feeling sluggish. It was entirely too early according to my body's internal clock to be awake on a Sunday morning. I checked my computer's clock. Nope it was half past 8. A decent time. I got to work making breakfast, tidying and going about my days activities.

About 7pm I slowed down and got back on the computer. I waited for my husband to get online for a chat. And waited. And waited. He finally showed up an hour later. I asked him what he had been up to...same old same old...

I tuned the TV on to watch Mansfield Park (I am a sucker for Jane Austen). Wait. What time is it? Only 8pm? What? This must be wrong. It is 9pm. I know it is 9pm. My computer says it is 9pm.

Ah, but my computer was made in America. It thinks daylight savings happened, but it hasn't yet in the UK. I was living my life an hour ahead of time thanks to faulty information. So, I ask, are we as a society too dependent on technology*?

*I of course ask this as my three year old is sitting here "writing" in Open Office on my six year old's netbook.