Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Meanie!!

I have come to the realization that I am one of the strict parents at my daughters school. I don't really care that I am one of the strict ones, but I always figured I really was pretty easy going. The signs were there I guess...

La would come home with a new bad habit de jour. I would correct it. I kept finding my self saying "I don't care what so and so does, in my house that is unacceptable." I would hear whispers and giggles between LaLa and KiKi along with shifty eyes. They know they are doing wrong and don't want to get caught.

I guess my biggest problem is with the language that comes out of her little mouth. This morning it was "What the heck?" Ok, yes, I know heck isn't TECHNICALLY a bad word, but it is a slippery slope and heck is only one small step from hell. There is no way I am going to let my six year old run around saying "What the heck!" or "What the hell!" It just isn't happening. Of course explaining this to her is excruciating. She questions everything, cause she's six and she can. Then finally I explode with, "You are allowed to say 'What in the world!' and that is final!" Then I wander away muttering "What the hell is wrong with children nowadays..." under my breath.