Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Military Life Rambling

I hear and read about trivial complaints everyday. It has gotten to the point where I just keep my mouth shut. I could scream "Do you want to take my place?" Of course I don't, cause that isn't my style. I would rather stew. Then I think, "Geez o peet. Really, I am getting off easy. My husband is on an air base. He isn't doing foot patrols. He will be back in just a few months rather than doing a year rotation like a soldier in the Army and Marines." Then I feel guilty. Should I feel guilty though?

I am jealous. I am jealous that others get a "normal" life. My families life will never be "normal". We will always live like nomads roaming from base to base. My husband will always be gone for stretches at a time. We will always celebrate most holidays either alone or by traveling to see family or friends who live hours away by plane or car. I will miss weddings and funerals. My kids will get to know their grandparents by chatting to them on Skype and through all too short visits. I sometimes wish for a "normal" husband with a "normal" nine to five job. Then I realize that I wouldn't be me without this crazy and definitely not "normal" life.