Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Anticipation

My stomach is in knots, my mouth is dry (but that could just be my allergies), my mind is racing a million miles a minute. Will I see everyone I intend to? Will I get lost? What if I miss my train? Will I be able to find a power outlet for my MacBook (I didn't say these were deep thoughts, people...)? Will I fit in?

To meet bloggers one on one is an experience I am well acquainted with. I have met NFAH, Michelloui, Mike, Liz, Jay, and Nappy Valley House Wife in person. This should feel old hat. It doesn't. Each time I meet a new blogging friend the anticipation is overwhelming. It is like seeing a friend for the first time in 20 years even though you haven't technically ever seen each other. You may have been emailing, twittering, and phoning back and forth for the last 3 weeks and yet it doesn't calm; it builds the anticipation.

Now I am to meet hundreds of other blogging mothers in London this weekend. The anticipation level has gone through the roof. I am keeping it together for the most part- arranging travel, accommodation, points of interest. However, I am one big ball of nerves. Needless to say if something goes wrong now, it will make a heck of a blog post.

I can't wait to see all my Mummy Blogger friends at CyberMummy. Also if you are interested in following the Influence and Stats session, I will be live blogging it on Saturday from 12-12:50pm.