Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Distance Between Us

Sometimes distance is a good thing. It can pad me from feeling the raw pain of family tragedies. I want to be there to help during the bad times, but the distance also acts as an emotional buffer. I can hear about everything, but not seeing it, well, it can make it easier. Sometimes I am grateful about the distance.

During the happy times however, distance is horrible. It is the gap that I can not overcome. It is seeing weddings of cousins through Facebook. It is learning about the birth of a new baby through an email. I want to be there. I want to dance at the wedding and hold that sweet baby. I can't. I will miss it all.

Technology may keep me connected to those I love, but it can never make up for being there.