Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 11, 2011

Q & A

This is a meme that my buddy Not Supermum has tagged me for. Let's see what you lot can find out about me today!

Which living person do you admire the most, and why?

This is an easy one. My Granny. She was a military wife just like me, only she had to deal with not having the modern technology that I did. She successfully raised two little girls (my mom and aunt) while my PaPa was off to war (Vietnam) and is one of the strongest people I know.

When were you the happiest?

I was the happiest I will ever be on my wedding day. I was surrounded by friends and family and marrying the most perfect man for me.

What was your most embarrassing moment?

10 grade in math class. I got my period early and didn't know it. I went to the chalk board at the front of the class to work out a problem given by the teacher with a big old red mark on my butt. I wanted to die that day.

Besides property, what is the most expensive thing you have bought?

My Jeep. I love my orange jeep. I actually went and made sure they had an orange Jeep before we bought it.




What is your most treasured possession?

My engagement ring.

Where would you like to live?

If I could move my entire family to England I would live here forever.

What is your favorite smell?

Cherry blossoms. Reminds me of growing up in Washington DC in the spring.

Who would you get to play you in a film of your life?

Sandra Bullock. I love her. Plus she is my husband's "freebie". Ya know if they met in a crowded bar and she wanted to ya know with him.."freebie"

What is your favorite book?

I have to choose one? OK, well my favorite book is "The Giving Tree". It makes me weep EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I read it to my kids.

What is your most unappealing habit?

I bite my nails. I don't even realize I am doing it.

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?

Oooo I would love to have a pirate costume.

What is your earliest memory?

I remember hiding behind the couch when I was about 2 years old because the Michael Jackson Thriller video came on and it scared me.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?

Trashy reality television. Seriously. I can sit down and watch a stupid reality show like Four Weddings and be happy as a lark. Here you thought I was all sophisticated! (ok even that made me laugh).

What do you owe your parents?

More than I could ever repay.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?

I can't think of anyone. Honestly. I am generally a nice person.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

My husband and daughters. They are my everything.

What does love feel like?

A warm ember of fire in the pit of your stomach.

What was the best kiss of your life?

The first kiss with my husband. I remember every detail. Of course I am not going to write about it here.

Which words or phrases do you overuse?

I knew I used the phrase "you've got to be kidding me" too much when my kids started parroting me.

What's the worst job you have done?

I did data entry at an accounting office. The actual job itself wasn't horrible, but the people I worked with were awful. Plus the office always smelled like cigarette smoke because of the chain smoking office manager. I am not a fan of indoor smoking.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?

Absolutely nothing. The whole time space continuum might be ruined and then I might not be here. Scary thought.

What is the closest you have came to death?

When I was 8 years old I was in a horrible auto accident. The van my mother was driving was hit from behind when we were going down the interstate. That made the van spin out of control and then we hit another car and the van rolled. I was not wearing my seat belt because I was trying to lay down on the middle bench seat to take a nap (we were on a long road trip). I was thrown from the car. Actually thrown is a little too dramatic. When the van was rolling the windows all broke out. When the van was on it's side I went out one of the busted windows and the van continued to roll over me. I ended up with scraped knees and scared out of my wits. My mother was frantic when the crash stopped because I wasn't in the car. I was trying to crawl back into the car.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

I finished University online. When I started I had a 2 year old and a 6 month old baby.

When did you cry last?

I honestly don't remember. I get scared and disappointed and angry, but I am not usually a crier.

How do you relax?

A glass of wine and a good book usually do the trick.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?

This is a tossup between a dishwasher or a top loading extra capacity American style washer. I really hate dishes and laundry.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?

Laugh. Life isn't worth living if you don't have a bit of laughter in your life.

Time to do some tagging. I am going to tag....

Mammywoo
Miss Cherry Red
Jay
Jess
Tara

8 comments:

Jean said...

Great answers, I enjoyed reading that.

I'd don't know The Giving Tree, will have to have a look for that one. And you were only 2 when Thriller came out? OMG, shoot me now.

Sueann said...

Great list!! That is cool that you remember you and your husband's first kiss!!!!
Glad to get to know you better!
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

Although I personally don't like memes, they do give wonderful insight into the person doing one... if they're honest and you certainly are an honest poster Kat. Can't even imagine how horrible that car wreck must have been for a child.

Joanie said...

Great answers! I, too, bite my nails (started biting mine as soon as I read your answer!)

And I so relate to the period answer! Happened to me while I was doing a Tupperware demo (yes, I was a Tupperware lady... complete with the mini van!) I was wearing white.

Expat mum said...

We're just back from DC and the Cheery Blossom festival. It was beautiful.

KJL said...

Great answers! =)

Unknown said...

space time continuum thingy for an answer in any Q&A is just genius!
Thanks for the tag lovely, but I've already done it x

Local Girl said...

They are fabulous answers. The period answer, I so want to give 10th grade you a hug! And so, so, so pleased you got out of that car wreck ok - just horrible!

Love all the fabulous ones too - I want to see your wedding photos!