Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Thankful List

Since it is Thanksgiving in America (and I am American for all of those who have lost track of this fact) I think I should probably do the obligatory "List of Things I am Thankful For". We don't have the tradition of reciting what you are thankful for at Thanksgiving dinner at my house. I always think maybe I should instate it at my house, but I'm a bit lazy and people hate being put on the spot when it comes to these things, so I always let it slide. Anyway, here is my list.

1. I am thankful that I have a husband who despite my faults adores me.
2. I am thankful that I have two beautiful little girls who are smart, funny and challenge me daily...whether I am up for the challenge or not that day.
3. I am thankful for the amazing friends I have. I am thankful that our friendships are two way streets and not one sided. I am thankful that I can depend on them and that I know they will always be my family away from family.
4. I am thankful for my family back in the USA. I know that they are always behind me 100% even if they don't always agree with my decisions.
5. I am thankful for my mom, who is amazingly funny and has always been the first person to put herself in my corner.
6. I am thankful for my dad who has always encouraged me to challenge myself.
7. I am thankful for my granny. She and I can talk for hours about anything and even though we may not always agree, I know she won't judge me.
8. I am thankful for living abroad in England. This experience has challenged me and made me grow up and find myself.
9. I am thankful that life isn't always easy. As much as I would love to sail through life without a care or worry, I have come to realize that you don't know how good life is until you have adversity to deal with.
10. I am thankful for chocolate and wine. Do I really need to explain this?

Instead of asking my guests around the Thanksgiving table what they are thankful for, I'm gonna ask you, my readers, what are you thankful for?