Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 4, 2012

Diamond Jubilee

The closest thing the USA has to the Queen is The President.

There have been twelve US Presidents in the time that she has been on the throne.  60 years of continuity.

To this American it boggles the mind a bit.  One person, albeit "non political", who has guided a nation FOR 60 YEARS!

A nation who for the most part adores her.  Yes, there are some republicans here (not Republicans, mind you) who are against the crown, but for the most part, everyone respects if not loves The Queen.

I even find myself adopting an affection for The Queen.  She isn't my monarch, but she is a symbol of continuity in my life.  There has never been a moment in my life she hasn't been queen; I have gone through five Presidents though.  In fact, I remember telling my brother when we were growing up to call me The Queen, just because I thought she was the coolest.

I just have to say, it has been an amazing experience to be here in the UK for The Queen's diamond jubilee.  An experience that I will not soon forget.

I wish The Queen many more years of good health and a happy diamond jubilee.